Valorizing local skills has become our main way of operating in both established and developing markets. This not only ensures a durable and profitable worldwide presence but also business and personal development opportunities at a local level in the markets where we work.
Wherever it operates in the world, Maire Tecnimont plays an active role in local community development, contributing to the social and economic wellbeing of a territory. This means creating local employment, strengthening local suppliers, increasing local ownership in the industry, promoting enterprise development, accelerating the transfer of skills and technologies, and prioritizing the employment and training of local citizens.
For Maire Tecnimont, local content is not only employed at a client's request but is a long-term planning approach, with the goal of transferring value to local communities and creating shared solutions for clients.
This approach allows Maire Tecnimont to:
- Develop a sustainable and trusting relationship with the local market, helping to reduce the costs and risks associated with projects;
- Improve the perception of the company and create the conditions for mutual understanding;
- Develop local skills and employ local manpower as a Government lever to sustain economic growth or, alternatively, face international sanctions;
- Transfer skills, know-how, and technologies to the local market and workforce;
- Improve the reliability of local companies in terms of quality, delivery, fit for purpose, flexibility, availability of materials logistics and transportation;
- Tackle new commercial opportunities and support the local market penetration strategy in light of the legal framework for EPC contractors;
- Design different strategic actions that maximize impact with Key Local Stakeholders;
- Improve HSE implementation in line with the most stringent and internationally recognized standards.