The Sustainability Report 2021 confirms the Group’s global commitment in Energy Transition and Social Responsibility
Milan, 19 May 2022 – Maire Tecnimont Group strengthens its position among the leading companies in the energy transition and sustainability by obtaining the “AA” rating from Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) Research and the “Gold” rating from Ecovadis, which are among the leading ESG rating agencies assessing the environmental, social and governance performances of the major companies around the world. The AA rating by MSCI Research is given to companies which lead their relevant industry in managing ESG risks and opportunities. The announcement goes with the launch of 2021 Sustainability Report, where the Group illustrates the progress on the path of its sustainability strategy and the launch of internal communication campaign on its key values and goals.
In this view, the Group’s key strategic drivers are:
- Energy Transition: developing technologies for circularity, carbon capture and production of bio and low carbon chemicals and fuels, including hydrogen; launching the Met Zero Task Force, aimed at setting initiatives and actions to reduce Group’s GHG emissions towards the carbon neutrality targets for Scope 1, 2 (by 2030) and 3 (by 2050) with the engagement of our employees and supply chain;
- Digital and Open Innovation: leveraging on digital technologies to redesign internal processes as well as to enhance the group’s value proposition so to contribute to emissions reduction; promoting Open Innovation by networking with universities and innovation hubs;
- People: focusing on our excellence in HSE, human capital development, social responsibility and diversity;
- Communities: contributing to economic and social enhancement of local communities.
“We have fully integrated ESG criteria into our industrial strategy. We want to share with our suppliers our commitment to being enablers of the global energy transition” commented Alessandro Bernini, CEO of Maire Tecnimont Group. “Our CO2-reduction dedicated Task Force is an example of innovation which is driven by our people, the main pillar of our business model”.
- Growing number of FEEDs ((Front-End Engineering Design) ) for Energy Transition with a growing portfolio of enabling technologies and the launch of our Green Ammonia Technology
- Launch of the Green Village project, for an environmentally and socially sustainable site camp
- MET Zero Task Force initiatives to reduce emission in offices, sites, commuting, transport, packaging, procurement
- 40k Tons CO2 emissions avoided by MyReplast plastic waste recycling plant
- Over 1,800 total patents and 81 projects of innovation, implementing NextPlant digital solutions in 35% of the backlog.
- Excellent Safety performance, with LTIR (Lost Time Incident Rate) 3x better than the Oil&Gas benchmark (IOGP) and the launch of Stop&Coach Program across main construction sites
- Launched Diversity & Inclusion workgroup
- 21% female presence (in line with industry) and 95% average of the ratios between female and male salaries (+2% vs 2020)
- Delivery of the multisite certificate from BVI according to the SA8000:2014 standard
- Over 1.6m hours of training to the Group's employees and subcontractors with an average of 24 hours of training per employee plus 600 hours of EU Climate Regulation workshops
- 57% of purchases related to current 29 main projects were made locally during the year and approximately 89% of new hires in the new geographies came from the local labor market
- Established a research center in Waste Recycling and Circular Economy with the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, NITK (India).
- Adopted Business Integrity Policy
- 10% ESG target in all 2021 MBOs (Management by Objectives)
- Over 1,300+ Suppliers screened under ESG criteria
- Improved ratings with a score of "AA" in the MSCI index and “Gold” by Ecovadis
- Launch of “Evolve”, the Maire Tecnimont Foundation
Click here to download the 2021 Sustainability Report and the Executive Summary.
Maire Tecnimont S.p.A.
Maire Tecnimont S.p.A., a company listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, heads an international industrial group that is a leader in the transformation of natural resources (plant engineering in downstream oil & gas, with technological and execution expertise). Through its subsidiary NextChem, it operates in the field of green chemistry and the technologies to support the energy transition. Maire Tecnimont Group operates in about 45 countries, through approximately 50 operative companies and about 9,300 people. For more information: www.mairetecnimont.com.
Group Media Relations
Carlo Nicolais, Tommaso Verani
Tel +39 026313 7603
Tel +39 02 6313-7823