This contract is one of the four packages of the Liwa Plastic Industries Complex (LPIC) Project.
The project’s scope of work envisages the provision of complete engineering services, equipment, material supply and construction activities up to commissioning, start up and guarantee test run of:
- a Polyethylene Plant consisting of two “swing” units with a capacity of 880,000 t/y (tons per year) of high density polyethylene (HDPE) and linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE)
- a Polypropylene Plant with a capacity of 300,000 t/y
The polyethylene plant will be based on technology from Univation Technologies and polypropylene will be based on Basell Poliolefine technology.
Through investing on personnel, goods and services, Maire Tecnimont and its sub-contractors and suppliers generate In-Country Value in the Oman oil and gas sector so as to:
- maximize and develop employment opportunities for Omanis and vocational or professional training courses, with a key focus on skilled and managerial positions
- increase investment in expenditure on goods and services made in Oman
- maximize and develop locally produced - Made-in Oman - materials, products and equipment
- develop and increase materials and equipment produced in Oman
- develop the capabilities of the local SME sector, both during contract delivery and in the longer-term
- develop world-class capability in vocational and professional education, training and research institutions in Oman, matched to actual industry opportunities