#WELCOMETOEARTH2: GREEN AND LOW-CARBON HYDROGEN AS THE RESPONSE TO THE NECESSITY OF DECARBONIZING THE INDUSTRY.
MAIRE TECNIMONT AS GO-TO PARTNER, FROM DEVELOPMENT TO PLANT
Hydrogen is a key element for the energy transition, at the center of the challenges of global warming.
A fundamental energy carrier, storable and transportable over long distances, green and low-carbon hydrogen will play a key role in the decarbonization process, in the transport sector, as raw material in several industries such as steel or chemical, and as a building block to produce different products, like fertilizers.
To face the global challenges of the industry’s decarbonization, Maire Tecnimont through NextChem and thanks to the capabilities of the whole group is able to meet the needs of the new developing hydrogen market.
Thanks to our technical expertise as a leading engineering company in energy, petrochemical and fertilizers, we are the best link between renewables and process industry, the partner of choice for any end-to-end project in the industry’s decarbonization.
In 2020, global hydrogen demand reached 90 Mt, almost entirely satisfied by natural gas reforming, coal gasification and lignite production. In the same year, the production of hydrogen has emitted 900 Mt of climate- changing emissions in the atmosphere (IEA, 2021), because of the predominance of fossil sources. By 2050 the demand for renewable or low- carbon hydrogen could reach about 660 million tons, 22% of the final energy demand at global level, according to the forecasts published in by the Hydrogen Council in November 2021.
We are able to develop or co-develop projects, act as industrializer and integrator of innovative technologies and finally realize plants as an EPC contractor both to produce renewable energy (solar and wind farm) andhigh value-added chemicals, using renewable or low carbon hydrogen as feedstock.
For projects involving the production and the use of renewable or low- emission hydrogen, NextChem’s offer is divided into:
- Participation in the investment during the project development phase Modeling technical-economic-financial of a business case using ArcHy (Architectural modeling tool for Hydrogen systems), a proprietary system
- Implementation of feasibility studies and FEED
- Dynamic simulation of plant operation using HyPer (Hydrogen Performance simulator), a proprietary performance model able to simulate the behavior and output of a Power to X plant
- End-to-end plant realization in EPC
- Integration of proprietary technologies and solutions including ElectricBlue HydrogenTM , Circular HydrogenTM , Green Hydrogen, Small Scale Green Ammonia
THREE TECHNOLOGIES, THREE SHADES OF HYDROGEN
In 2021 NextChem and MYTILINEOS signed an agreement for the engineering activities for the development of a green hydrogen production plant via electrolysis in Italy. The plant will provide local buyers with an alternative carbon neutral energy carrier, allowing a real decarbonization of hard to abate sectors.